Adding the Estate Planning Checklist
*Please note there are no inputs at this time. You can go to Goal Results, or the What-ifs to build the Estate Planning Checklist.
- In a plan, navigate to the Profile Page, and Goals Input. Click on Estate Planning.
Building The Estate Planning Checklist
- Navigate to the Goal Results page, and select the Estate Planning Tile.
The Checklist has 3 main default documents:
- Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters
- To customize the description, add a last updated date, attach a document, guardian, etc. you can click "Add Details" under each item.
Add Another Document
- If you would like to add a document to the checklist that does not appear by default you can click "Add Another Document."
- A list of documents will appear. Select the document you would like to add to the checklist.
- Complete the form for the document you would like to add. Fill out the description, when it was last updated, and upload a document, then click save.
Upload a document to the checklist
- To upload a document, (e.g. a Will), click "add details," and under "Would you like to upload a document?" select Yes. Click "Upload" and select the document from your computer.
- Once a document has been added, it will automatically be saved in the document vault under the folder "Estate Planning," and the sub-folder of the document you added to the checklist.
- If you need to edit and/or delete a document that has already been added, hover over it in the list. To the right, you will see "Edit," and a trash can icon.
Reviewing The Estate Planning Checklist
- Items on the checklist can be marked as complete. From Goal Results, click on Estate Planning. This will take you to the checklist.
- Each document will have a check-box next to it. To mark an item complete, check the box.
- When items on the checklist have not been reviewed in more than 5 years, an action step will be auto-generated to review that document.