There are 2 components to modeling an inheritance. 1) Inputting the income and 2) directing the contribution to the proper account.
Part 1: Inputting the income
- Go to profile > income > +add income
- Choose other income
- Complete all fields paying special attention to amount, start year and end year (start year and end year can not be the same).
Part 2: Directing the income to a specific account
- Go to profile > accounts > +add account
- Choose manual entry
- Select either savings or taxable investment as the account type (the images below reflect account type = savings)
- Complete all fields in the Summary tab
- Complete the contribution start year & contribution end year fields in the Account Details tab. The years should match those of the income. Start year and end year can not be the same.